Not sure which dentist is right for you?
Read the definitions below and you'll know which dental specialist best meets your needs.
- General Dentist provides most areas of dental service including cleaning teeth and filling cavities.
- Pediatric Dentist specializes in children's dentistry.
- Orthodontist specializes in correcting improperly positioned teeth, uses braces and other appliances to move teeth into proper position.
- Cosmetic Dentist specializes in restorative dentistry. Please note that many general dentists perform cosmetic dentistry.
- Periodontist specializes in the treatment of gum disease.
- Oral Surgeon specializes in dental surgical procedures.
- Endodontist specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseased tooth pulp. Performs root canal work (many general dentists also perform root canals).
- Prosthodontist specializes in crowns, bridges, and dentures.